Chonnam National University Hospital
- In the pursuit of becoming a top-tiered global hospital where patients are wholly satisfied, Chonnam National University Hospital (CNUH) and its home city of Gwangju have marched in step the last 100 years. The infancy of CNUH traces back to Gwangju Jahye Clinic of 1910. Later, the clinic evolved into Chonnam Provincial Hospital in 1925 and then into Hospital of Gwangju Medical College in 1952.
- When Gwangju Medical College became the Medical School of Chonnam National University in 1952, the hospital followed suit taking the general form of CNUH today. The hospital was incorporated into a nonprofit organization in 1993. The opening of Hwasun Hospital for the treatment of cancer and chronic diseases in 2004 and modernization and relocation of School of Dentistry to the beautiful Yongbong campus in 2008 marked the epochal growth of CNUH.