- Emergency Medical Center
- Organ Transplantation Center
- Regional Cardio-cerebrovascular Center
- Digestive Disease Center
- Kidney Center
- Diabetes Center
Regional Cardio-cerebrovascular Center
HomeSPECIALIZED CENTERRegional Cardio-cerebrovascular Center
- Research Fields
- The Department of Cardiovascular Medicine of Chonnam National University Hospital, staffed by leading specialists in the field, not only provides highly specialized diagnosis and treatment of all cardiovascular-related disorders, but also stands at the forefront of basic and clinical researches. The staff is organized into a variety of subspecialty groups, each of which focuses on a particular segment of cardiovascular medicine. We are making every endeavor to offer the highest quality in medical education and research as well as in patient care.
- Our department has invasive and non-invasive procedure laboratories and sub-subspecialty clinics devoted to the care of patients : Cardiac Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention, Echocardiography, Electrophysiology, Hypertension, Pacemaker, Syncope, Atherosclerosis and Lipid, and Vascular Disease. In addition, it is equipped with specialized laboratories dedicated to focused research, including Animal Catheterization and Molecular Biology.
- The basic and clinical researches are led by the Cardiovascular Research Institute (supported by Chonnam National University) and the Stem Cell Research Center (supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology). Members of our faculty are undertaking breakthrough research in the field of cardiovascular medicine as the principal investigators on many national landmark projects such as "Functional Stem Cell Research on Cardiovascular Animal Model" and "the Korea Acute Myocardial Infarction Registry."
- Our research interests are as follows :
- New diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in ischemic heart disease
- Creating new therapeutic methods and devices for coronary restenosis
- Study on ion channel dysfunction in cardiovascular disease
- Cell and gene therapy in ischemic heart disease and heart failure
- Elucidation of important effect or mechanisms of pharmacological or genetic interventions in heart failure
- Electrophysiologicalabnormalities in various cardiac arrhythmias
- Development of echocardiographic diagnostic modality
- Faculty Members
- Jung Chaee Kang, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jong Chun Park, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Jeong Gwan Cho, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Myung Ho Jeong, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youngkeun Ahn, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Ju Han Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kye Hun Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Hyung Wook Park, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Joon Hong, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Hyun Ju Yoon, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nam Sik Yoon, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : NSAIDs77@hitel.net
- Doo Sun Sim, M.D., Ph.D.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Jung Chaee Kang, M.D., Ph.D.