- In preparation for unforeseeable emergencies, Chonnam National University Hospital has a multi-phase emergency care system and operates 24-hour service as Gwangju Regional Emergency Medical Center.
- The On-Call System with doctors on duty allows quick medical care (within 30 minutes) regardless of department.
- When a patient arrives at the emergency center as a non-emergency case, the hospital will book an appointment for outpatient care or provide information on the other medical facilities that are more applicable to the condition.
- Depending on the patient’s condition, the necessary emergency treatment will be initiated, while diagnosis, examination, treatment, and cooperation with the appropriate specialists are simultaneously performed.
- The result of consultation with specialists will determine whether the patient is required surgery, hospitalization, or discharge.
- In some cases, patients may be transferred to the other medical facilities after emergency treatment.
- The emergency room does not operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority of treatment is determined by patient condition.
Emergency Medical Process
- Location : 1st Floor, 8th Building
- Tel. : 062-220-5555